Headteacher’s Blog #4 29/09/2017
- This week has seen the start of the Parents’ Information Evenings for Year 12 and 7. I would strongly encourage you to attend if you can as we will be explaining lots of new things happening at the Academy. Teachers from English, maths and Science will be sharing their plans for your children for the year ahead. The evenings for other Year groups are as follows:
Year 11 03 October 5.00-6.00 pm
Year 13 10 October 5.00-6.00 pm
Year 8 12 October 5.00-6.00 pm
Year 9 17 October 5.00-6.00 pm
Year 10 31 October 5.00-6.00 pm
Our Open Evening is next Thursday (5th) starting at 5.00 pm. You are most welcome to come along and see the Academy in action.
- Students took part in the Macmillan Coffee Morning Judging by the amount of cooking which had taken place and the people purchasing, a lot of money has been raised for this cause.
- As mentioned above, the Year 11 Parents’ Information Evening is next Tuesday (3rd) between 5.00 and 6.00 pm. As well as the presentations made by teachers, general advice will be given on supporting your sons/daughters through Year 11.
- Please could all students come to the Academy fully equipped for their learning. This includes a full stationery set (pens, pencils etc) and a scientific calculator.
- SIMS Parent is now up and running. From the beginning of next week, all staff will be recording homework on SIMS; when it is set and when it is due to be handed in. You will be able to access this information (using the desktop or smart phone application) so that you are able to support your child in completing high quality homework on time. You should have received an email with the link to the log in page; you do not need a log in from us for this, simply log in using your Google, Outlook, Twitter or Facebook account. For further information and guidance on how to set up and use SIMS Parent, please follow this link:
- All students have been issued with Feedback books across their subjects. These are the books that they will use to complete all assessed work, they will be marked in considerable detail by teachers; students will be expected to respond to the feedback they are given during lessons. The Feedback books will stay in the Academy, they will not be taken home. They will be clearly visible in all classrooms and form an integral part of the monitoring of teaching and learning across the Academy. These books will be available for parents/carers to view at all parents evenings and during open afternoons (the dates of which you will be notified).
- All Year 11 students studying Biology will be taking the Chapter 5 end of topic assessment next week, to be completed by Tuesday 10 October, during their lessons with Mr Player. This is to ensure students do not miss any curriculum time for assessments.
- Support sessions in some subjects have been up and running already but next week will see most other subjects begin their lunchtime and after school support groups. Please refer to the timetable below for details of subjects, times, rooms and Year groups that each session is aimed at.