Headteacher’s Blog #20 09/02/2018
- Next week is half term; diary dates for week commencing 19 February 2018
- Thursday 22 February Year 8 Parents’ Evening
- You may have heard from your child this week that the school meals have not been up to the usual standard. Unfortunately we have had a number of issues with staffing and equipment failure which resulted in us having to make the decision to close the kitchen today.
We apologise for the inconvenience however, we were able to provide rolls, sandwiches, drinks and desserts and, normal service will be resumed after the half term break.
- A huge well done to all the students who performed magnificently in the Drama production; The Real True Story. Thanks to Miss Chapman and her team for putting on such a professional performance.
- Years 10 and 11
- The March V-cert exam timetable for some Year 10 and 11 students is available to view on the Downham Market Academy website underExams Information. Individual student timetables will be issued prior to the exams starting.
- Students have been advised via their ooblemail of the rooms for their Science mocks, ready for Monday 19 February.
- Members of the Prom committee have delivered 112 red roses to students for Valentine’s Day as a fundraising event. It brought smiles to many faces on the last day of half term.
- The flowers were sorted by the Prom Committee at Bluebells Florist. We would like to thank Bluebells for their help.
- A parent sent us an email saying that the students were a credit to the school with several members of the public, who were having tea in Bluebells, commenting how well mannered and behaved they were.
- Sienna Carey in Year 7 is soon to donate her lovely long hair to the Princess Trust for them to make wigs for children. A truly selfless act; well done Sienna.
- This weekend, Harry Shinn will be taking part in a Norfolk men’s 24 hour fishing competition at Willowcroft. Good luck Harry.
- Well done Owen Stacey; he has been selected for the Norfolk U12 squad to play Cricket.